Once a year, we the alumni group, offer up the opportunity for current band members to win a scholarship.
You can find further information below:
Alumni Award Application
The alumni of the Stony Brook University Athletic Bands have created this award as a way of supporting and encouraging current members. The camaraderie, musicianship, leadership, and the spirit of the band that you all experience now, has touched and changed each of our lives as well. For this reason we would like to recognize those members of the band who exemplify these qualities and are committed to helping keep these values strong by teaching those around them .
Award Selection Criteria:
The Alumni Award will recognize several students for their dedication to the camaraderie, musicianship, leadership, and spirit of the band. Exemplary candidates will be presented with a monetary award as a token of the current alumni’s appreciation for their ability and efforts to embody, as well as bestow upon others, the values of the Stony Brook University Marching Band.
- Must demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and potential and superior musical abilities
- Must participate in outreach and community building through their work with the Athletic Bands
- Must demonstrate characteristics that embody the mission and spirit of the Athletic Bands
- Must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student
- Must be a current member of the Stony Brook University Athletic Bands
- Must have a cumulative G.P.A. of at least 2.00 or higher
- Timely submission of required application in appropriate format; cover page and supplements
Application Supplements: Please Complete BOTH and submit via email
You must include your student ID number in each document, DO NOT include your name, the cover page attached should precede your supplements.
Supplement 1: Resume (1 page maximum, submit as PDF file)
In standard resume format, outline your academic and extracurricular activities and achievements.
Supplement 2: Essay (2 page maximum, 12 point font,double spaced, submit as a PDF file)
In a brief statement please describe; a) the characteristics that you feel represent the band and how you embody them, and b) how you have extended yourself to further these characteristics within and beyond the band.
DEADLINE: April 20, 2012